Saint Paul Winter Carnival’s New Drive-Thru Ice & Snow Park
Tickets on Sale – December 29
Saint Paul, Minn. (December 27, 2020) — The Saint Paul Winter Carnival announces that tickets for its newest attraction, the Drive-Thru Ice & Snow Sculpture Park, will go on sale on Tuesday, Dec. 29 at 8 a.m. Ticket prices start at $20 per vehicle. Ticket sales benefit the Saint Paul Festival & Heritage Foundation, the 501(c)(3) non-profit membership organization that produces “The Coolest Celebration on Earth™.”
Combining two signature Winter Carnival events – the Ice Carving Competition and the Snow Sculpture Contest – this new drive-thru experience will take place each day of the Carnival, January 28 – February 7, 2021, at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.
Each general admission vehicle pass includes a UCare or Xcel Energy swag bag filled with goodies plus a chance to win prizes through ‘I Spy’ BINGO and the opportunity to buy treats along the way. Through the Winter Carnival app, you’ll be able to participate in Winter Carnival Trivia, presented by Securian Financial. Support your favorite sculpture in the “Ice Your Vote Contest” sponsored by Soapy Joe’s Car Wash.
Most days will have a special theme reflected by the contents of the VIP Package goody bags.
- Friday, Jan. 29 and Friday, Feb. 5 – Northern Soda Days
- Guests will receive a four-pack of locally made Northern Soda, koozies, and twisty straws!
- Saturday, Jan. 30 – Crayola Experience Family Day
- The colorful contents of this goody bag include two passes to Crayola Experience Mall of America, activity packs, two GoGo squeeZ pouches, and other snacks.
- Sunday, Jan. 31 – National Hot Chocolate Day
- Bring a thermos of hot water and mix up some fresh hot chocolate for your drive with this goody package. You’ll receive two mugs, hot chocolate mix, and Milkman chocolate milk.
- Tuesday, Feb. 2 – THE CROODS: A NEW AGE Day
- To celebrate the release of THE CROODS: A NEW AGE on Blu-ray, goody bags will include a movie snack pack including popcorn and candy, plus cool Croods swag.
- Thursday, Feb. 4 – Saint Paul Saints Day
- Commemorate the hometown team’s Triple-A affiliate distinction with two new Saints caps. Along the route, you’ll be entertained by the team’s ushertainers and you may even spot the infamous Mudonna!
- Saturday, Feb. 6 – Minnesota Twins Day
- Tip your hat to the AL Central Division Champions with one of the two Twins beanies you’ll receive in this day’s goody bag.
- Saturday, Feb. 6 – Vulcan Torchlight Night (after 5:30 p.m.)
- The Vulcan Krewe will fire-up the night with special attractions, firetrucks, and performances.
- Sunday, Feb. 7 – Minnesota Made Day
- Enjoy the Sculpture Park while you nosh on locally made treats.
Busses will be welcome on Wednesday, Feb. 3 from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. This opportunity was created for group home residents and members of other organizations to be able to get out and enjoy the festivities together. Access is limited and groups must be pre-approved. The application may be found on the Drive-Thru page of the Winter Carnival website (www.wintercarnival.com).
As in years past, the Vulcans will manage the snow sculptures, courtesy of City, County Credit Union and their team of volunteers. On select days, you will also get to meet members of the Vulcan Krewe, the Winter Carnival Royal Family, and the Klondike Kates!
WHAT: Saint Paul Winter Carnival Drive-Thru Ice & Snow Sculpture Park
WHEN: January 28 – February 7, 2021
Mondays – Thursdays 4 – 9:30 p.m.
Fridays 12 – 10 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
WHERE: Minnesota State Fairgrounds
Enter off Como Avenue. Event entrance is on the Ecolab Welcome Lot (Midway)
TICKETS: Tickets go on sale Tuesday, Dec. 29 at 8 a.m. online at www.wintercarnival.com
General Admission: $20 per vehicle (plus service fee) Includes access for one vehicle plus UCare or Xcel Energy swag bag
Vulcan Torchlight Night – Feb. 6: $35 per vehicle (plus service fee) Includes access for one vehicle after 5:30 p.m. on Feb. 6, plus one swag bag.
VIP Admission: $35 per vehicle (plus service fee) Includes VIP lane access for one vehicle, a Winter Carnival ice scraper, an exclusive theme package, and one UCare or Xcel Energy swag bag filled with goodies.
Bus Admission – Feb. 3: $50 per vehicle (plus service fee) 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (must be pre-approved)
About the Saint Paul Festival and Heritage Foundation and the Saint Paul Winter Carnival
The Saint Paul Festival and Heritage Foundation is a non-profit membership organization that produces Minnesota’s Iciest and Spiciest festivals – Saint Paul Winter Carnival and Cinco de Mayo West Side Saint Paul. The Saint Paul Winter Carnival was started in 1886 and is the oldest winter festival in the United States. It relies on sponsors, fundraisers, donations, charitable gaming, and foundation members to support its year-round activities. The Saint Paul Winter Carnival attracts more than 250,000 visitors a year and has an approximate $3 – $5 million economic impact to the City of Saint Paul and the State of Minnesota. Visit wintercarnival.com for more information and to learn how you can support future Winter Carnival celebrations by becoming a member.