- This event has passed.
2021 Puzzle Contest
Saturday, Jan 30 @ 8:00 am - Sunday, Jan 31 @ 2:00 pm$60.00
Thank you for your interest in the 2021 Saint Paul Winter Carnival Puzzle Contest! The Nation’s Largest Jigsaw Puzzle Contest is brought to you by PuzzleTwist® Registration will open October 1st, 2020 at 11 a.m.
Our in-person puzzle contest will take place on Saturday, January 30th, 2021, at the Landmark Center in Downtown Saint Paul.
The contest will feature four divisions:
- Adult 1
- Adult 2
- Family – must include one team member under 18 by contest date
Our new expert division will feature top-placing finishers from previous Winter Carnival Puzzle Contests who have been personally invited to join us again. Teams are made up of four individuals, and the cost to participate per team is $60. If interested, sign up early! Spots are reduced to 45 teams per division this year to accommodate social distancing guidelines. See schedule below.
NEW! Virtual Event:
We will be holding a virtual puzzle contest on Sunday, January 31st, 2021 via Zoom. Teams of four will enjoy competing remotely against each other from the comfort of their own home! Anyone in the U.S. can participate for $65, price includes shipping. Register by December 31st, 2020 in order to get the puzzle shipped to you in time. See schedule below.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, January 30, 2021 – The Landmark Center
8:00 AM – Expert/Adult Check in
8:15 AM – Expert/ Adult Begins
9:45 AM – Expert/Adult Ends
10:00 AM – Adult 1 Check in
10:15 AM – Adult 1 Begins
12:15 PM – Adult 1 ends
12:30 PM – Adult 2 Check in
12:45 PM – Adult 2 Begins
2:45 PM – Adult 2 Ends
3:00 PM – Family Check in
3:15 PM – Family Begins
5:15 PM – Family Ends
*Family division must include one member under the age of 18 by the contest date
Sunday, January 31, 2021 – Virtually
11:00 AM – Virtual Check in
11:15 AM – Virtual Begins
Rules & Regulations
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED
- Teams get to keep the puzzle they worked on, and more copies of the 2021 puzzle will also be available for purchase after the event.
- Contestants will be given their puzzle at check in.
- No early starts! If you open your bag and begin your puzzle before the start of the contest you will be disqualified.
- Hands only! The use of any puzzle tools, cutting devices, flashlights or phones is grounds for disqualification.
- Judges will be monitoring the area and watching as teams get close to finishing. When your team is close to finishing, raise your hand and a judge will come to your table to watch you finish and record your time. If a judge is unable to get to your table when you finish please record your own time on the time card provided at your table.
- Winners will be announced immediately following the competition.
- Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place teams in both brackets.
COVID-19 Preparedness Plan:
We are working hard to keep you safe during our 2021 Puzzle Contest. Your safety is our top priority, and we are taking many precautions such as the usage of masks, conducting temperature and wellness checks, and ensuring our venue allows for enough distance between tables and people. More information about our COVID-19 plan will be communicated closer to the event date. We are committed to making our event an enjoyable and safe experience for all.
*Due to COVID-19, information above is subject to change, and the Saint Paul Winter Carnival reserves the right to make changes to the event to ensure the safety of its attendees. Attendees will be notified of any changes made to the event. By registering for this event, I understand that this event is scheduled to occur as a regular puzzle contest event, but may change to a virtual option at any point based on COVID-19/Landmark Center/State of Minnesota Rules. No refunds!