The 132nd Saint Paul Winter Carnival is gearing up for another “super” year and we are actively working on plans for an extended 2018 Saint Paul Winter Carnival that will connect with Super Bowl events in Saint Paul and across the metro area. The 2018 Saint Paul Winter Carnival – the “Coolest Celebration on Earth™” – will be held January 25 – February 10, 2018. We’ll be hosting dozens of events, both traditional favorites and new attractions, to entertain our local supporters and out-of-town visitors.
The extended 2018 Saint Paul Winter Carnival will be as fun, festive and “cool” as possible. In addition to the Carnival’s signature events — the three parades, ice carving competition and snow sculpting contest — next year’s schedule will include a variety of new events and activities, including:
- The United States Olympic Committee’s Team USA WinterFest presented by HERSHEY is bringing the energy and excitement of the Olympics and Paralympic 2018 Winter Games to the Carnival.
The tour will feature meet and greets with figure skating’s gold medal winner Meryl Davis bobsledding gold medal winner Vonetta Flowers; as well as Olympians Jeremy Bloom (Ski and Snowboard), and Charlie White (Figure Skating). Other highlights include Hershey’s S’moresmobile, a Bobsled Boomerang, and a Curling Challenge.
- Rice Park will be transformed into a spectacular Ice Sculpture Garden complete with large ice sculptures, additional and larger competitions, and live ice carving demonstrations throughout the Carnival.
- The Vulcan’s Snow Park at the State Fairgrounds will be open and ready for play for 17 days! Once again, it will be the site of the Minnesota State Snow Sculpting Competition, a giant snow slide, Vulcan Fun Day on Jan. 28, and two Vulcan Polar Plunges for Special Olympics, as well as NEW lawn mower and bar stool ski races!
- A “Fancy” Hot Dish Competition at The Lexington Restaurant will be on Wednesday, Feb. 7. This new competition will feature local restaurant chefs competing for the title of Best Hot Dish in the Twin Cities.
- Rice Park will be rocking thanks to the Winter Carnival Music Series, Friday through Sunday on all three weekends. Come out and enjoy live music from local and regional artists.
- The Autonomous Snow Plow Competition will be held first weekend (Friday through Saturday) on 4th Street by Rice Park. Witness young geniuses and their robotic creations pave the way for Carnival festivities.
- The Securian Winter Run is back for another year, on Saturday, January 27th. Lace up, bundle up and participate in the half marathon, 10k, 5k or the new Kids Fun Run. Registration is now open!
And so much more, coming soon!
Save the date – January 25-February 10 – and join us for these exciting features and MORE at the 2018 Saint Paul Winter Carnival!