It’s the most wonderful time of the year: the 134th Saint Paul Winter Carnival, the “Coolest Celebration on Earth” since 1886. The Winter Carnival continues to bring family-friendly events and community pride to Saint Paul and the Twin Cities metro area.
- Most events are FREE and open to the public.
- Events primarily take place in downtown Saint Paul, in and around the Landmark Center, as well as at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.
- Enjoy live entertainment, walk through the ice sculpture garden, watch the ice carvers create frozen masterpieces, visit vendor booths, and more!
- Enjoy hot mulled wine, beer, and other beverages at the Ice Bars.
Vulcanus Rex will use his wily ways to light up the streets of downtown Saint Paul for the Vulcan Victory Torchlight Parade, marking the Vulcans march to overthrow King Boreas and bring summer back to the city of Saint Paul.
After the parade, follow Vulcanus and his Krewe to the steps of the Saint Paul Library across from Rice Park for the ever-dramatic overthrow, where they will attempt to regain control of the capital in a lively display that will end with a bang!
- Businesses, governmental agencies, community groups are all welcome to participate. Learn more & register here
- Spectators are welcome to watch along 5th Street or find a warm place in the skyway system
- Location start: 5th and Wall, along 5th Street
- Location end: Rice Park, stay for the Vulcan Overthrow on the steps of the James J. Hill Library to learn more about the legend of the Saint Paul Winter Carnival
- Fireworks to follow the event in Rice Park!
The evening parade route starts at 5th and Wacouta, travel westbound down 5th Street to Washington Avenue to 4th Street and end at Saint Peter.
Don’t care to drive? Visit Metro Transit to plan your trip, get maps, schedules and fare information. Metro Transit is providing FREE rides to the 2019 Saint Paul Winter Carnival and Vulcan Snow Park on February 2. Just click on the icon below, fill out the form, and submit to download your FREE Metro Transit Ride Pass.
The 2018 Saint Paul Festival & Heritage Foundation welcomed dozens of members and supporters to Hotel 360 on August 1 for the Annual Meeting, a presentation of the year’s big events – the Saint Paul Winter Carnival, Cinco de Mayo – West Side Saint Paul, Spirits of Carnival fundraiser, and more!
The Annual Report included highlights from the Winter Carnival, including the Ice Palace, Olympic Committee’s Team USA WinterFest, and welcoming Super Bowl fans from across the country! We also recorded an incredible attendance of 600,000+ guests, 2 million+ reach on social media, and 3.9 Billion media impressions!
Cinco de Mayo – West Side Saint Paul was another successful event, featuring brand new attractions like Lucha Libre Live in the Sports Zone and 3 stages of entertainment. The event welcomed over 65,000 attendees and reached more than 220,000 people on social media!
Spirits of Carnival was a wonderful spring fundraiser, welcoming more than 225 guests to Holman Field for an evening of entertainment, tastings from local food and drink vendors, socializing with Foundation supporters, and bidding on 100+ live and silent auction items!
The Annual Meeting was spent connecting with friends and learning about past events and upcoming fundraisers and events hosted by the Foundation.
For details about this year’s successful events, download and view the below report.
Download the Annual Report