Cooking with the Winter Carnival Royal Family!
Segment #1 – Tomato Soup & Caprese Gourmet Grilled Cheese w/ Basil Garlic Butter
Dan Moran – 2020 Zephyrus, Prince of the West Wind: From the Royal House of LCS Company
Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 Clove of Fresh Garlic Chopped
- 1/2 cup Diced Onion
- 1 (12 oz) can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup V-8 Tomato Juice
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- 2 TBS Cornstarch
1) In a 2 quart sauce pan heat the olive oil once heated add the garlic and onions to saute. Once light brown in color add butter to melt.
2) Add Chicken Stock, Diced Tomatoes, and V-8 Tomato Juice bring to a boil.
3) Add Heavy Cream, Salt and Pepper to Taste
4) Dilute cornstarch in 1/4 cup of water while at a boil add cornstarch for desired thickness
5) When dished up at fresh Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Caprese Gourmet Grilled Cheese
- 2 pieces of desired bread
- 2 TBS Basil Garlic Butter ( see recipe below)
- 8 pieces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 pieces Sliced Roma Tomatoes
- 1 TBS Balsamic Glaze
Basil Garlic Butter
- 2 TBS Butter soften
- 1 TSP chopped Basil
- 1 TSP chopped Fresh Garlic
1) Spread 1 TBS Basil Garlic Butter on one side of both pieces of bread heat large frying pan lay bread butter side down. Have frying pan on medium heat.
2) Add 4 slices of mozzarella to each piece of bread. Heat the tomatoes quickly flipping on both sides once warm add to one piece of bread with cheese on it.
3) Add Balsamic glaze by drizzling on the tomatoes put sandwich together remove from heat and cut in half triangle shaped.
Zephyrus 2020 Dan Moran