2022 Saint Paul Winter Carnival COVID Guidelines and Actions
Putting on the Coolest Celebration on Earth doesn’t take some of us – it takes the sum of us.
During the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Saint Paul Festival and Heritage Foundation (SPFHF) has maintained a focus on the safety, health, and well-being of our volunteers, Legend Characters, and visitors. In alignment with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, Minnesota Department of Health, and local Executive Orders, we are adopting the following guidelines:
What to expect from the Saint Paul Festival and Heritage Foundation Board and Staff:
The board and staff care about providing a safe experience for all attendees.
- Provide masks to volunteers at official SPFHF events
- Supply hand sanitizer throughout event locations
- Monitor and follow all city, county, state, and federal health and safety guidelines
What to expect from our local venues:
Each of our venues is intentional about protecting their business and guests. You can find information about their safety protocols and practices at their websites:
Saint Paul Hotel
Saint Paul RiverCentre
The City of Saint Paul has recently enacted Executive Orders in response to the ongoing pandemic. Businesses operating in the city of Saint Paul may have different protocols in place more restrictive than the city orders, and visitors to those venues should respect the policies of those individual businesses.
- Effective January 5th, 2022, Businesses Licensed by the City of Saint Paul Must require all Individuals to wear a face covering indoors at all times when social distancing of at least 6 feet is not maintained, except for temporary removal of face covering when eating or drinking.
- Effective January 19, 2022, any licensed business that is a space of public accommodation in the City of Saint Paul during any time that food and/or drink is sold or served indoors for consumption onsite shall limit admission of patrons to the area of the licensed premises where food and/or drink is being consumed, to only those persons who furnish proof of a completed vaccination series against COVID-19 or a negative COVID- 19 test obtained within seventy-two (72) hours of entry.
- Effective January 26, 2022, any licensed business, during any time that a ticketed event is being held, that is a space of public accommodation in the City of Saint Paul during any time that food and/or drink is sold or served indoors for consumption onsite shall limit admission of patrons to the area of the licensed premises where food and/or drink is being consumed, to only those persons who furnish proof of a completed vaccination series against COVID-19 or a negative COVID-19 test obtained within seventy-two (72) hours of entry.
What we ask of all visitors and volunteers to our Winter Carnival:
- We strongly encourage any individual participating at the Saint Paul Winter Carnival be fully vaccinated or take a COVID test within 72 hours of participating.
- We require that if you have tested positive for COVID, been exposed to someone with COVID, and or have symptoms associated with COVID, you do not attend Winter Carnival.
- For further information on recommended quarantine timing, please visit the CDC’s website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/quarantine-isolation.html#calculating-quarantine
- Regardless of your viewpoint on vaccinations, masks, or any other pandemic-related guidance or mandates, please be respectful of those around you. Some people may not be comfortable with hugs, handshakes, or other close contacts. When in doubt, ask before acting.
Due to the extensive presence of the Omicron variant in the current environment, with its high transmissibility and high breakthrough rate, and the inability to guarantee with 100% certainty, the ability to protect patrons from contracting Covid 19, despite having major safeguards in place, including prior vaccination, we strongly encourage anyone with existing health issues, immunocompromised systems, or any concerns of contracting Covid, to consider avoiding these activities and events this year.
The Saint Paul Winter Carnival is in its 136th anniversary of bringing the community together and celebrating Saint Paul’s unique history and emerging heritage. We look forward to a fun, safe, and truly one-of-a-kind Winter Carnival!