It’s cold outside, which can mean only one thing – it’s race time!
Gather up your thermal underwear and neck warmers and start training today for the 35th running of this Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K on Saturday, Jan. 25, 2020.
Securian Financial embraces what Winter Carnival is all about – enjoying Saint Paul’s great outdoors, all year long. The Securian Financial Winter Run features three races: the Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K – each starting at Securian Financial Center on the corner of Sixth and Jackson Streets. The starting gun for the Half Marathon will go off at 9 a.m., while the 5K, and 10K will begin just minutes later.
All proceeds from this event benefit Saint Paul Festival and Heritage Foundation, proud producer of the Saint Paul Winter Carnival and Cinco de Mayo West Side Saint Paul.
|Half Marathon||10 K||5K|
|Before October 1, 2019||$ 55||$ 50||$ 45|
|Oct. 2, 2019 – Jan. 10, 2020||$ 60||$ 55||$ 50|
|Jan. 11, 2020 – Jan. 25, 2020||$ 65||$ 60||$ 55|
In the case of extreme weather conditions, the race may be shortened or canceled. An accurately measured quarter marathon course may be used as a short-course option for the half marathon. Check back for weather announcements and race notices. In the event the race is shortened or canceled, all entry fees are nonrefundable
Virtual Run Registration Fee $50.00
It will be perfect weather… for a virtual run! Don’t feel like braving the cold or unable to join us for the 2020 Securian Financial Winter Run? Our brand-new virtual race will allow you to complete your run wherever and whenever you want! You’ll get the same benefits as running the race in person but without the snowy winter weather.
- Sign up for the virtual run and choose which distance you would like to complete.
- Event gear can be picked up at the Saint Paul Winter Carnival Office and other TBD Locations. We can also ship your gear to the address provided at signup for a flat fee of $10.00
- Choose your own route in your neighborhood, gym, or whatever safe location you choose and run/walk/jog the distance to complete the virtual run!
Carb Up with Red Rabbit
Join us on Friday, January 24th for a Spaghetti meal hosted by Red Rabbit St. Paul. After registering for the race, you will be asked if you want to add the meal for an additional $20.00. Race participants, families, friends and the entire community are encouraged to come and enjoy a meal in a wonderful family style atmosphere. Red Rabbit is offering spaghetti, a side salad and garlic bread. Runners will choose their seating time and total number of seats. Seating options will be 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 4pm and 5pm with 40 people at each seating. Runners can come outside of the time for their meal but will be seated as tables are available.
Bring in your Bib get a Beer
Racers can bring their bib into Red Rabbit St. Paul between January 25th-February 2nd to receive a FREE tap beer of their choice.
In addition, every runner will receive:
- Long-sleeve performance pullover
- Collector’s mug
- Virtual goodie bag
- St. Paul Winter Carnival button and coupon book
Securian Financial Winter Run Training Plans
You can take part in the fun by:
- Placing a banner at your storefront welcoming all runners
- Offering a special for runners; ex: buy an entree, get a free drink; $2 off all tap beers; $3 off admission, etc.
- And more; the sky is the limit!
For the low price of $100, participating businesses receive:
- A listing on wintercarnival.com as an Official Securian Financial Winter Run Participating Business
- Inclusion in a virtual gift bag for all race participants
- Social media promotion
- An increase in business traffic
All listings are subject to approval by the SPFHF and must be purchased before January 17, 2020.