It’s cold outside, which can mean only one thing – it’s race time!
Securian Financial embraces what Winter Carnival is all about – enjoying Saint Paul’s great outdoors, all year long. Gather up your thermal underwear and neck warmers and start training today for the 36th annual Securian Financial Winter Run! This year, runners have the opportunity to run the 5k around Lake Phalen on January 30th OR to participate virtually in the 5k, 10k or Half Marathon. All proceeds from this event benefit Saint Paul Festival and Heritage Foundation, proud producer of the Saint Paul Winter Carnival.
In-Person 5K at Lake Phalen
Our in-person 5K will be held on Saturday, January 30th, 2021 at 8:30am, 10:30am and 12:30pm. Join us for a beautiful run around a wintry Lake Phalen.
|Now – November 30||$50.00|
|December 1 – January 10||$55.00|
|January 11 – January 30||$60.00|
In the case of extreme weather conditions, the race may be shortened or canceled. Check back for weather announcements and race notices. In the event the race is shortened or canceled, all entry fees are nonrefundable
I understand that this event is scheduled to occur as a regular in-person race, but may change to a virtual option at any point based on COVID-19/City of Saint Paul/State of Minnesota Rules.
Virtual Run (5K, 10K or Half Marathon)
Registration Fee $50.00
It will be perfect weather… for a virtual run! Don’t feel like braving the cold or unable to join us for the 2021 Securian Financial Winter Run? Our virtual races will allow you to complete your run wherever and whenever you want! You’ll get the same benefits as running the race in person, but without the snowy winter weather.
- Sign up for the virtual run and choose which distance you would like to complete.
- Event gear can be picked up at the Saint Paul Winter Carnival Office and other TBD Locations. We can also ship your gear to the address provided at signup for a flat fee of $10.00
- Choose your own route in your neighborhood, gym, or whatever safe location you choose and run/walk/jog the distance to complete the virtual run!
In addition, every runner will receive:
- Long-sleeve performance pullover
- Collector’s mug
- Virtual goodie bag
- St. Paul Winter Carnival button and coupon book
Pick up your packet starting January 23 through January 29 at Run N Fun (868 Randolph Ave in St Paul)! Save time before the race and get your materials and swag ahead of time! Please note, there will be no packet pick up on race day, so runners must pick up at Run N Fun or have it mailed.
Each runner will receive this Storm Creek Pullover:
About the Pullover: When the day throws you a curve ball, flex and move on. This Smart Stretch Pullover is made from the same fabric worn by Winter Olympians, so you can take your training (or errand running) to the next level. The inside is brushed for exceptional comfort, while the outside is smooth for easy layering. This flexible, fashionable foundation is made with seven percent Spandex so it’s always the right fit.
Fabric: 93% Polyester/7% Spandex Smooth Face Fleece. Smooth-face fleece with brushed interior for cozy feel. Chin guard for comfort. Special flatlock and track stitch.
Each runner will also receive this stainless steel carabiner mug:
Securian Financial Winter Run Training Plans
You can take part in the fun by:
- Placing a banner at your storefront welcoming all runners
- Offering a special for runners; ex: buy an entree, get a free drink; $2 off all tap beers; $3 off admission, etc.
- And more; the sky is the limit!
For the low price of $100, participating businesses receive:
- A listing on wintercarnival.com as an Official Securian Financial Winter Run Participating Business
- Inclusion in a virtual gift bag for all race participants
- Social media promotion
- An increase in business traffic
All listings are subject to approval by the SPFHF and must be purchased before January 15, 2021.
If your business would like to get involved with the Securian Financial Winter Run, please fill out the application and return to email@example.com.
2021 Securian Financial Winter Run Vendor Application(PDF)