Thank you for your participation in the 2020 Saint Paul Winter Carnival Puzzle Contest! The Puzzle Contest, brought to you by PuzzleTwist® and the University of Minnesota Physicians, took place on Saturday, January 25, 2020 with expanded competition brackets for day-long excitement, see results below! Teams are made up of four individuals, and the cost to participate per team is $60. Teams get to keep the puzzle they worked on, and more copies of the 2020 puzzle will also be available for purchase after the event.
*Family division must include one member under the age of 18 by the contest date
*REVISED* Schedule of Events
8:00 Check in Adult 1
8:30 Adult 1 Begins
10:30 Adult 1 Ends
10:15 Check in Adult 2
10:45 Adult 2 Begins
12:45 Adult 2 ends
12:30 Check in
1:00 Family Begins
3:00 Family Ends
Rules & Regulations
- Contestants will be given their puzzle at check in.
- No early starts! If you open your bag and begin your puzzle before the start of the contest you will be disqualified.
- Hands only! The use of any puzzle tools, cutting devices, flashlights or phones is grounds for disqualification.
- Judges will be monitoring the area and watching as teams get close to finishing. When your team is close to finishing, raise your hand and a judge will come to your table to watch you finish and record your time. If a judge is unable to get to your table when you finish please record your own time on the time card provided at your table.
- Winners will be announced immediately following the competition.
- Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place teams in both brackets.
- The same puzzle will be used for both competitions this year.
If paying by check:
Please make checks payable to “SPFHF” and mail to:
75 W 5th St, Suite #429
Saint Paul, MN 55102
Please note that registration is not complete until payment in full has been received.