Thank you for your interest in the 2020 Saint Paul Winter Carnival Puzzle Contest! The Puzzle Contest, brought to you by PuzzleTwist®, will take place on Saturday, January 25, 2020 with expanded competition brackets for day-long excitement! Teams are made up of four individuals, and the cost to participate per team is $60. Teams get to keep the puzzle they worked on, and more copies of the 2020 puzzle will also be available for purchase after the event.
Registration for the 2020 contest will open October 1! Space is limited to 78 teams per division, so register early to reserve your spot!
Choose the correct division below to register:Adult Competition
*Family division must include one member under the age of 18 by the contest date
*As of 10/1/2019, the Adult Division 1 is full. We have added an additional adult division, Adult 2, to accommodate more teams. Please note the schedule change below. If you would like to register for the adult division 2, please click below to register:ADULT 2 REGISTRATION
*REVISED* Schedule of Events
8:00 Check in Adult 1
8:30 Adult 1 Begins
10:30 Adult 1 Ends
10:15 Check in Adult 2
10:45 Adult 2 Begins
12:45 Adult 2 ends
12:30 Check in
1:00 Family Begins
3:00 Family Ends
Rules & Regulations
- Contestants will be given their puzzle at check in.
- No early starts! If you open your bag and begin your puzzle before the start of the contest you will be disqualified.
- Hands only! The use of any puzzle tools, cutting devices, flashlights or phones is grounds for disqualification.
- Judges will be monitoring the area and watching as teams get close to finishing. When your team is close to finishing, raise your hand and a judge will come to your table to watch you finish and record your time. If a judge is unable to get to your table when you finish please record your own time on the time card provided at your table.
- Winners will be announced immediately following the competition.
- Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place teams in both brackets.
- The same puzzle will be used for both competitions this year.
If paying by check:
Please make checks payable to “SPFHF” and mail to:
75 W 5th St, Suite #429
Saint Paul, MN 55102
Please note that registration is not complete until payment in full has been received.
Congratulations to our 2019 winners:
See more information here.