Vulcan Victory Torchlight Parade
Saturday, Feb 2 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Vulcanus Rex will use his wily ways to light up the streets of downtown Saint Paul for the Vulcan Victory Torchlight Parade, marking the Vulcans march to overthrow King Boreas and bring summer back to the city of Saint Paul.
After the parade, follow Vulcanus and his Krewe to the steps of the Saint Paul Library across from Rice Park for the ever-dramatic overthrow, where they will attempt to regain control of the capital in a lively display that will end with a bang!
- Businesses, governmental agencies, community groups are all welcome to participate. Learn more & register here
- Spectators are welcome to watch along 5th Street or find a warm place in the skyway system
- Location start: 5th and Wall, along 5th Street
- Location end: Rice Park, stay for the Vulcan Overthrow on the steps of the James J. Hill Library to learn more about the legend of the Saint Paul Winter Carnival
- Fireworks to follow the event in Rice Park!
The evening parade route starts at 5th and Wacouta, travel westbound down 5th Street to Washington Avenue to 4th Street and end at Saint Peter.
Don’t care to drive? Visit Metro Transit to plan your trip, get maps, schedules and fare information. Metro Transit is providing FREE rides to the 2019 Saint Paul Winter Carnival and Vulcan Snow Park on February 2. Just click on the icon below, fill out the form, and submit to download your FREE Metro Transit Ride Pass.