Vulcanus Rex will use his wily ways to light up the streets of downtown Saint Paul for the Vulcan Victory Torchlight Parade marking the Vulcans march to overthrow King Boreas and bring summer back to the city of Saint Paul.
Parade Route Map
- Businesses, governmental agencies, community groups are all welcome to participate. Learn more & register here soon.
- Spectators are welcome to watch along 5th Street or find a warm place in the skyway system
- Location start: 5th and Wall, along 5th Street
- Location end: Rice Park, stay for the Vulcan Overthrow on the steps of the James J. Hill Library to learn more about the legend of the Saint Paul Winter Carnival
Hot Air Balloons Provided By:
Please join us at our Cinco De Mayo-West Side Saint Paul Festival on Saturday, May 4th.
Cinco de Mayo – West Side Saint Paul celebrates the West Side community’s Mexican heritage and the traditional annual celebration of Mexico over the French at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. Join us on Cesar Chavez street in Saint Paul for a day filled with cultural entertainment, delicious food, live music, excitement and exploring all the West Side has to offer!
Visit www.cincodemayosaintpaul.com for more information.
The King Boreas Grand Day Parade presented by Arctic® Apples is our daytime procession down West 7th Street featuring dozens of bands, floats and, of course, the newly crowned King Boreas and his Royal Family.
Lori Koutsky, longtime coordinator of the Securian Winter Run, will serve as Community Grand Marshal for the King Boreas Grand Day Parade. Since 1994, Lori has led Securian’s community involvement and philanthropic programs. Community is a core value at Securian, which is why they were recently honored with the National Jefferson Award for exemplary corporate giving and community involvement. Lori is a true Minnesotan and enjoys all things outdoors, such as hiking and kayaking. She also enjoys spending time with her husband, Dennis, and son, Dan. We are honored to have Lori Koutsky as our Community Grand Marshal.
Our Media Grand Marshals are KSTP’s Dave Dahl and Lindsey Brown. St. Paul’s own and Twins great, Joe Mauer, will serve as Celebrity Grand Marshal.
- Businesses, governmental agencies, community groups are all welcome to participate. Click here to join the parade
- Location start: Smith Avenue to Rice Park, along West 7th Street
- Location end: Kellogg Mall Park
Don’t care to drive? Visit Metro Transit to plan your trip, get maps, schedules and fare information. Metro Transit is providing FREE rides to the 2019 Saint Paul Winter Carnival and Vulcan Snow Park on January 26. Just click on the icon below, fill out the form, and submit to download your FREE Metro Transit Ride Pass.
It’s the most wonderful time of the Carnival year! Join the Ambassadors at the Hotel 340 to warm up after the 2019 Moon Glow Pedestrian Parade! Greet the Visiting Festival Guests and stroll through the Winter Carnival memorabilia Exhibit and Ice Castle models. Have a hot chocolate, some refreshments, or perhaps an adult beverage to toast to the beginning of the Coolest Celebration on Earth.
Light hot and cold appetizers will be served. Cash bar is available.
7:20 P.M.- Candidate Introductions and Awarding of Top Button Sales
7:45 P.M.- Klondike Kates Performance
Free for members, $5 for non-members.
The Moon Glow Pedestrian Parade will officially kick off the first day of Carnival, January 24, in downtown Saint Paul. Come early and enjoy hot chocolate and cookies at Landmark Center. The festivities start at 5:15 PM with the parade starting promptly at 6 PM.
– Will meet in the atrium of Landmark Center (75 W 5th Street) at 5:15 PM
– Parade starts at 6 PM
– Parade ends at 6:15 PM
The public is invited to join festival organizers and ambassadors, along with neighbors, local business leaders, the Saint Paul Bouncing Team and local dignitaries on a cool winter walk from Landmark Center / Rice Park to our new home at Kellogg Mall Park. Walkers, most with luminaries in hand to light the way, will be greeted at Kellogg Mall Park by live music, entertainment, vendors, and more!
The St. Paul Winter Carnival Moon Glow Pedestrian Parade is introducing a new KIDS’ decorating contest this year. Dress up yourself, stroller, wagon, or other non-motorized transportation for a chance to win fabulous prizes. The categories are:
- Best use of lights
- Most creative
- Best Winter Carnival related entry
There is no charge to enter the contest, but we ask that you please arrive at Landmark Center by 5:30 PM to get your contact information and pictures taken.
- Free and open to the public, walking parade, all ages welcome
- Bring your light-up items including glow sticks, lighted hats, gloves and anything else that will help light up the night
- Location start: Landmark Center / Rice Park
- Location end: Kellogg Mall Park, enjoy live music, vendors and beverages from the Ice Bars.