Thank you for your interest in the 2022 Saint Paul Winter Carnival Puzzle Contest! The Nation’s Largest Jigsaw Puzzle Contest is brought to you by PuzzleTwist®.
Registration opened Monday, October 4th, 2021 at 12 Noon.
Go to https://www.wintercarnival.com/event/jigsaw-puzzle-contest/ to register.
Our puzzle contest will take place on Saturday, January 29th, 2022, at the Landmark Center in Downtown Saint Paul.
The contest will feature four divisions:
- Adult 1 Expert (Puzzle 1)
- Adult 2 (Puzzle 1) REGISTRATION FOR THIS BRACKET IS FULL
- Adult 3 (Puzzle 1)
- Family (Puzzle 2)- must include one team member under 18 by contest date
Teams are made up of four individuals, and the cost to participate per team is $60. If interested, sign up early! Spots are reduced per division once again. Our expert division features top-placing finishers from previous Winter Carnival Puzzle Contests who have been personally invited to join us again. See schedule below.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, January 29, 2022 – The Landmark Center
8:00 AM – Expert/Adult Check in
8:15 AM – Expert/Adult Begins
9:45 AM – Expert/Adult Ends
10:00 AM – Adult 2 Check in
10:15 AM – Adult 2 Begins
12:15 PM – Adult 2 ends
12:30 PM – Adult 3 Check in
12:45 PM – Adult 3 Begins
2:45 PM – Adult 3 Ends
3:00 PM – Family Check in
3:15 PM – Family Begins
5:15 PM – Family Ends
*Family division must include one member under the age of 18 by the contest date
In-Person Rules & Regulations:
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED
- Teams get to keep the puzzle they worked on, and more copies of the 2022 puzzle will also be available for purchase after the event.
- Contestants will be given their puzzle at check in.
- No early starts! If you open your bag and begin your puzzle before the start of the contest you will be disqualified.
- Hands only! The use of any puzzle tools, cutting devices, flashlights or phones is grounds for disqualification.
- Judges will be monitoring the area and watching as teams get close to finishing. When your team is close to finishing, raise your hand and a judge will come to your table to watch you finish and record your time. If a judge is unable to get to your table when you finish please record your own time on the time card provided at your table.
- Winners will be announced immediately following the competition.
- Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place teams in both brackets.
COVID-19 Preparedness Plan:
We are working hard to keep you safe during our 2022 Puzzle Contest. Your safety is our top priority, and we are taking many precautions such as the usage of masks and ensuring our venue allows for enough distance between tables and people. More information about our COVID-19 plan will be communicated closer to the event date. We are committed to making our event an enjoyable and safe experience for all.
*Due to COVID-19, information above is subject to change, and the Saint Paul Winter Carnival reserves the right to make changes to the event to ensure the safety of its attendees. Attendees will be notified of any changes made to the event. By registering for this event, I understand that this event is scheduled to occur as a regular puzzle contest event, but may change to a virtual option at any point based on COVID-19/Landmark Center/State of Minnesota Rules. No Refunds will be offered.